Do something you know…Something you love!
Don’t worry…we’re here to help!
Whether you have organized an event before or this is your first time, we want your fundraiser to be a great success and we’re here to help you. Combined with NF Northeast’s expertise in planning, tax receipting, policies and recognition, you can easily hold your own fundraising event that is meaningful for everyone. We know organizing and planning a fundraising event can be a huge task, which is why our team of experienced event staff are happy to support you and provide the tools you need.
What is a Do It Yourself Event?
A Do It Yourself Event (also known as a Third Party Event) is when a business, organization, community group, school or individual hosts an event, fundraiser or program to benefit NF Northeast. It is planned and executed independently of NF Northeast.
I want to host a fundraiser, what should I do next?
Contact NF Northeast or check out our Policies and Procedures and submit the Fundraiser Proposal Form. Once the agreement is signed and returned to us, you are ready to start promoting your event and we’re ready to help you. Or, to make it easy on yourself, set up a fundraising page that is linked directly to NF Northeast.
What NF Northeast Can Do:
· Offer advice and information on event planning logistics.
· Provide material and press release assistance.
· Provide a letter of support to validate the event and its organizers.
· Provide letters for volunteer hours.
· Provide tax receipts for eligible donations.
· Assist you with volunteer, speaker and/or sponsor recruitment.
· Promote your event via our social media accounts.
What NF Northeast Can’t Do:
· Provide any sponsorship, funding or reimbursement for event expenses (unless approved as a special circumstance).
· Solicit or provide contact information for donors or staff.
· Endorse applications for and/or obtain any necessary licenses or permits (i.e. gaming and/or liquor)
· Approach potential sponsors (corporate or individual) on your behalf, or provide you with contacts for sponsorship.
· Assume any legal or financial liability associated with your Do It Yourself Event.
· Provide a tax receipt to the event organizer or one individual for the total funds raised by the event.
Examples of events that volunteers have organized for NF Northeast:
1K Color Fun Runs
Jeans Days at Work